Saturday, February 9, 2008

Day 2.5

Yea, so the transmission for my van was not ready (pulled off a junk vehicle) from the parts place I was conversing with all week. You'd think they would have said, "You need to put a deposit down for us to actually pull it". But no, what they said was, will have it ready for you Saturday.

Where I come from ready means...well ready. Ready for you to lift and put into some form of transportation and away from source location. To agitate matters, I didn't get there till almost noon which meant "ready" would now be Monday morning, after a deposit.

So, I ventured thru the alleyways of New Albany looking for a cheap car. I found this for $500....




I've dubbed it Bumble Bee after the car in transformers, which, my daughter especially will love. No need to remind me that the car in the movie was also a Chevy Camaro. I am painfully aware of that fact.

Needless to say I won't be dating much in this vehicle. But it will get me to work, home and is just big enough to haul the kiddo's. I'm keeping the van for now, in the hope that eventaully I will get it up and running.
One problem down. 18,976 to go.
: )

No comments: