Saturday, February 9, 2008

Day 2



And so begins the awesome spectacle of getting this here vehicle up and running.

This picture was taken a week ago when we were attempting to troubleshoot. The hope was that it might just be the speed sensor. Of course such an easy fix, a sensor, would most likely save us the hassle of removing the tranny. But you can't even reach said part unless - you guessed it - you remove the tranny. Thanks Ford.

Please note the professional grade transmission fluid catch by the front driver side. It looks like a crock pot because, it is. And yes that's a hotel in the background. I just like an audience when I'm showcasing my incompetance.

I'm not completely against the idea of removing the CD player and replacing everything else and if I spot a cheap hooptee for sale on my ride this am to get the used tranny that will hopefully work, I just might get it and scrap the van for iron.

Either way, I need to solve my transportation woes before I descend into the crypt. It's been a long week coordinating rides and apologizing for being a nuisance.

I liked it better when I was nuisance who drove.

No comments: