Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Pfui !

I'm also collecting and reading Nero Wolfe detective novels by Rex Stout. I love em. I have 23 now of the 40 some odd he wrote. So, if your ever in a bookstore or yard sale dear reader and your thinking to yourself, Gee, I wish I could buy a book and send it to someone...but who? and What? Frustrate your noggin no longer.

If I collect the whole set I'll be cool and hip. The planet will also recover from heating, er, or cooling, or whatever they think its doing this week. So don't be a polluter for crying out loud! Confound it! Your either for the terrorists or your against them!

A&E made about 3 seasons worth of the books and were very well done.
Produced by and starring Timothy Hutton shown here as Archie Goodwin. Though I prefer to picture him as my grandfather in his speak easy days. Did I mention I love these characters!

Why did A&E only produce 3 seasons? Because their donkeys thats why.

If you like your geniuses flawed and eccentric, like ole Sherlock maybe, than do yourself a favor and read one of Stout's creations. Or catch the DVD in the library. Yes, I said the library. Below, Maury Chaykin as Wolfe.

No comments: